[Zope-CMF] [dev] some small proposals

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Apr 13 08:27:52 EDT 2004

Hi!

Some small changes I'd like to make in CMF HEAD. Please let me know if
there are any comments, objections or better ideas.

1. renaming 'test_all.py' files
-------------------------------

Running unittests using Zope's test.py instead of all_cmf_tests.py, all
tests are called twice. Renaming the test_all.py files to all_tests.py
would avoid this problem.

2. marking 'meta_type' index as deprecated

Recently there was some discussion about 'portal_type' vs. 'meta_type'.
I can't see any need for a 'meta_type' index. I think after CMF 1.5 is
released 'meta_type' should be removed from the list of indexes added by
default.

3. adding a 'html_marshal' function to CMFDefault.utils

Implementing the UI for OrderSupport, a function like this would be
useful for batching / sorting variables:

<code>
security.declarePublic('html_marshal')
def html_marshal(**kw):
     """ Marshal variables for html forms.
     """
     vars = []
     for key, converter, value in complex_marshal( kw.items() ):
         vars.append( ( key + converter, escape( str(value) ) ) )
     return tuple(vars)
</code>

Cheers,
	Yuppie