[Zope-CMF] [dev] will CMF 1.5 still support Zope 2.5?

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Apr 16 04:12:32 EDT 2004

Hi!

Yesterday I tested CMF HEAD with Zope 2.5 and found some issues:

- several unittests are failing

- a recently added import of 'aq_base' in CMFCore.utils seems to screw
up security declarations (don't know what's really going on here) with
the result that the skin is broken

I'm not sure if it is worth to fix these issues or if it is time to
abandon Zope 2.5 support:

- nobody should be encouraged to use a Zope version older than 2.6.4
(2.6.3 was broken, the older ones don't have the security fixes)

- development would be easier, e.g. fixing
<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/191>

What about making Zope 2.6.4 the minimum required version for CMF 1.5?

Cheers,
	Yuppie