[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

Gregoire Weber gregweb at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 6 17:27:08 EDT 2004

Hi Tonico,

>I belive that redirecting is not in the spirit of permalinks.
>
>Recommended reading:
>
>Cool URIs don't change (TBL)
><http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>

Well, this was a compromise reading Florents arguments.
For the beta I'll implement cool URIs.

Reasons:

   - they're cool
   - I'm lazy  == it's easier to implement
   - Florent will surely be able to alter the behaviour for his customers
  - it's late in the evening and it gets even later and I don't have time
     till next wednesday evening when the beta happened
  - those objecting may change the code while I'll not be able to change
     it back :-)

>I've written an 'archive' script, this is how I return the view of the object:
>
>  o = brain.getObject()
>  type = brain.Type
>  method = ttool[type].getActionById('view')
>  method = getattr(o, method)
>  return method()

Thanks! This way I don't have to think on my own about it!

Gregoire