[Zope-CMF] how to check whether an object is in a catalog

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Sat Aug 7 00:19:03 EDT 2004

Hi there,
is there a way to check whether an object is indexed?

I would like to dump the state of an object to disk. One of an objects
attributes is the fact whether it is indexed or not.

I thougth of using a catalog search like
portal_catalog(path="/".join(list(obj.getPhysicalPath())), id=oj.getId())

But this not general since I do not know for sure whether there is a
path index. And it seems rather expensive.

Robert