[Zope-CMF] Customising the CMF

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalprogression.net
Tue Aug 10 08:52:48 EDT 2004

Hi Ben

I'd recommend you go with one of the Content Management Systems based
on the CMF such as Plone. That'll save time and give you ready access
to forums, etc.

On the question of mailing out when a document is added I'd use
DCWorkflow and a script. You can access this through the
portal_workflow tool. There's really good docs for DCWorkflow if you do
a Google.

Andrew

> As part of the design, I need to give all users access to a global
> folder and also enable individual users to grant access to their own
> folders and documents to other users of their choice. I also need to
> add all kinds of other functionality to it, such as making the system
> send an email to certain people when a user adds a document to the
> site as well as having several forums.
>
> Is this going to be a possibility with the CMF? Could anyone point me
> in the direction of documentation that explains how I can customise
> the CMF to our needs? I've read ZWACK chapter 5 at the CMF Dogbowl
> which is good, but doesn't really go into enough detail for what I
> require. I've never touched DTML or Python before, but I'm assuming it
> would be important to learn these?
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated. Cheers,

> Zope-CMF maillist  -  Zope-CMF at lists.zope.org

Logical Progression Ltd, 20 Forth Street, Edinburgh EH1 3LH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 550 3733 Web: http://www.logicalprogression.net/