[Zope-CMF] CHANGES.txt (was: After the goldrush....)

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Aug 15 03:37:34 EDT 2004

> Here is the "official" policy (that I can find) on CHANGES.txt (from :
>
>    The path to the file is doc/CHANGES.txt. It lists the changes that
>    have been made to Zope since the last released version.
>
>    If you're fixing a bug, you only need to add to CHANGES.txt in the
>    branch. If you're adding a feature, you only need to add to
>    CHANGES.txt in the trunk. Brian Lloyd later stitches them together.
>
> Although, in fact, this policy is not clearly followed on the main
> Zope tree, either.  I can live with either way, I guess.

Hmmmm, I wasn't even aware of such an odd policy.

It's much more straightforward, IMHO, to mandate that changes are noted
exactly where they are made. Branch or HEAD doesn't matter. Otherwise
it is very hard for people looking at the HEAD to find out what has
been done and what hasn't. Also, I bet it is even *less* work to weed
out duplicates in CHANGES.txt than it is to stitch it all together from
branches... yikes.

Oh, and yes, I don't think that policy is followed at all on the Zope
tree ;)

jens