[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFUid isn't generating real uids

Gregoire Weber gregweb at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 16 10:11:23 EDT 2004

Hi Robert,

>I think UUID should be default. If it is overkill in a given case, then it should be replaced.
>But I never want to run the risk to hit duplicate UID's when I import some documents from one Data.fs into an other.
>UID's are just to restricted to be worthwile.
>
>Robert

The current policy of CMFUid is that uids get deleted on import
(if you leave the "Remove the objects unique id on add (and import)" flag
in 'portal_uidannotation' checked).

Thus your code has to register the object a second time a unique id.
This ensures that on imports no duplication happens.

I know it get's tricky if you want to import objects beeing related
if they rely on unique ids. But this is out of scope of CMFUid.
This is in scope of a hypothetical CMFRelation product managing that.

See 'portal_uidannotation' (UniqueIdAnnotationTool.py) for this.

Gregoire