[Zope-CMF] Re: Bug with CMFUid content when copied indirectly and some confusion.

Tim Hoffman timh at zute.net
Thu Aug 26 04:55:14 EDT 2004

Hi

As opposed to understanding I was in fact just summarising how it is
currently implemented, to make sure I
did understand what was going on.

CMF 1.5Beta and CMFUid "advertises" that all your favoutite content
types automatically
get a UID.  And the mechanism they have used is register being called in
main template.
(This probably should be documented - it took my quite a while to find
it - cause I wouldn't have looked for it there ;-)

 >Writing that, I wonder why you have to use 'register' to make sure you
get an UID. Wouldn't it be better if 'getUid' registers >objects if
necessary?

I suppose you could, - my presonal preference would in fact be to create
a UID in every object at creation time
and some how hook that in through the Type Tool content creation factory.

See ya

Tim