[Zope-CMF] Events in the core

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Dec 6 12:32:23 EST 2004

I'd like to revive this discussion about having events in the core.

Sidnei even mentionned getting them in Zope directly,
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/IncludeEventsInCore

I'm all for it, and would really help many people.

It would be awesome if a minimal implementation could be compatible with
Zope 2.7.4, maybe as an addon product. But there needs to be a few hooks
in the core (object create/move/clone/delete).

Could we try to move together on this ?

For the record, CPS has to monkey-patch many things to have its events
work, and now that many others want events (Plone for starters), it
would be nice to have a common framework, a Zope3-ish framework if
possible.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com