[Zope-CMF] CMF Documentation?

J Cameron Cooper zope-cmf at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Dec 15 15:27:56 EST 2004

Jeff Rodriguez wrote:
> I'm working on implementing Zope w/ Plone for a company intranet. I'm
> trying to create custom content types for the intranet. Initially I
> was using Archetypes, but I abandoned that due to the sad lack of
> documentation.
>
> Now I'm reading the Zope Developer's Guide and I basically understand
> how to create a product but now it appears that I need to specifically
> integrate into the CMF since I'm trying to create a new addable type
> for plone.
>
> The ZDG referrs to Zope-CMF documentation that I have not been able to
> find, sure there are docs online but nothing like a guide saying
> "Here's how to add CMF support to your product."
>
> Does such a document exist? Whether it be from Zope.org or a third
> party, a document like this would be quite helpful.

There are now three books on Plone. I know that at least two of them
(namely mine and Andy McKay's) cover making types with Archetypes and
the necessary parts to make a CMF type in Python. I also cover
converting existing Zope types into CMF types.

Note that Plone books are also generally applicable to CMF.

You can see them in Amazon in the left sidebar of plone.org. You can
also get them from other online bookstores or direct from the publisher
at http://www.packtpub.com/book/plone

         --jcc