[Zope-CMF] CPSSkins 2.3.1 (cvs preview)
jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Dec 24 10:20:40 EST 2004
The first milestone in the development version of CPSSkins (2.3.1) will
be released next week.
There has been a lot of changes and a lot of refactoring since the last
stable version (CPSSkins 2.2) (see the changelog
The new features are:
- improved user interface for editing theme by using contextual menus,
drag-and-drop and pop-ups.
- management interface for CPS Portlets (requires CPSPortlets)
- the theme editor is no longer dependent on CMFDefault's 'main_template.pt'
- Macroless renderer that by-passes main_template.pt (suitable for
portal pages, yields 15-20 req /s)
- Tableless renderer (works quite well as long as cell widths are specified)
- Support for multi-page themes.
- Support for placeful themes and pages (per folder)
- Support for "cell blocks" to create advanced layouts (cells within cells).
- Support for boxes with rounded corners (box corner styles)
- debug mode to disable the crash shield (for development purposes)
- theme export / import in XML (requires a branch of CPSIO - not
- thumbnail images (themes, etc.)
- A lot of optimizations
Some animations and a download link to test the upcoming release are
see the UPGRADE.TXT file for upgrading existing themes.
More information about the Zope-CMF