[Zope-CMF] Re: folder_contents was Re: [dev] two small changes

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Feb 6 10:30:16 EST 2004

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> The distinction between "navigation" and "actions" is not clear cut in
> mine.  You have put your finger on the rationale for putting
> 'folder_contents' in the 'object' category for containers, but in the
> 'folder' category for non-containers:  the UI can then do something
> different with the two categories, if desired.  The actions tool has the
> two actions largely to allow the action to show up only once for folders.

The problem is: It's just the other way round. Containers have a
'folder/folderContents' Action, non-containers an
'object/folderContents' Action. So folderContents is always in the same
category as the other object Actions.

>>> Well. If you ask me the 'folder/edit' Action would be the right
>>> Action to manipulate folder contents. 'folder_edit_form' should be
>>> called by 'folder/metadata' or become part of 'folder_contents' (or
>>> 'folder_contents' part of 'folder_edit_form').
[...]
> Local policy again. :)

Yes. But I don't think it's wrong to discuss the policy choice of
CMFDefault.

> One feature I am contemplating for CMF 1.5 is a 'portal_configuration'
> tool which allows you to export all the tool settings to a directory /
> tarball, for migration / version control, etc.  We actually have the
> beast built already;   it just needs to be disentangled from the
> client-specific product it currently inhabits.  At any rate, being able
> to export your "local policy" choices to a reproducible description
> should resolve most issues with the use of local policy knobs.

Great!

BTW: I'm still waiting for your draft roadmap for CMF 1.5 ;)

Cheers,
	Yuppie