[Zope-CMF] Packaging products for another system

Nava, Christopher L. Contractor navachrl at JICPAC.PACOM.MIL
Fri Feb 6 17:26:52 EST 2004

>> I'm trying to find an example of using a workflow script to "tar" a
>> product as it is published.
>>
>> For security reasons our intranet is physically disconnected from the
>> web server. Published items are transferred via sneaker-net to the
>> "dissemination system".
>>
>> What I need to do is:
>> Dump a published document (html) to disk with any metadata that was
>> added to it (summary, key words, etc...) Parse it for "img src=" tags >> (the images are already in the file system). Tar the document and it's >> images.
>>
>> I found a script that creates a PDF via htmldoc...
>> (http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/howtoPDF)
>> However, the htmldoc program takes a URL while the system's tar
>> command takes a file system reference.
>>
>> It would be nice to do the tarring within python if support for such
>> exists.
>>
>> Has anyone done something like this?
>
>Why not use wget to spider the site and create a local copy, then tar it up for move to the production server?

I could easily write some Perl code that scrapes the site for published content.
However, I'm trying to avoid stepping out of bounds by writing a bunch of home grown code.
My "task" is to replace our existing home grown workflow with a COTS one.
(I know ZOPE isn't exactly COTS but that's what puts the cost within my budget. ;-)

BTW: Being able to spell 'Python' makes me our resident expert but that's as far as my skills run at the moment.

>I've got more complex ideas, but they seem like overkill for this situation.
>
>srl

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.