[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Feb 25 02:36:15 EST 2004

Hi!

alan runyan wrote:
> I think portal_properties would be good to make containerish.
> Tres had no problems with changing this as long as backwards
> compatibility was kept.  Its a obvious place to put propertysheets
> for websites.  Whether or not its a good approach is up for debate.

Never missed that in CMF. But if someone wants to make portal_properties
containerish I can live with that.

How ever this is decided: It's a minor issue regarding the AT debate.

> AT is complex ;-( it does a whole lot.  But it does drastically reduce
> the amount of time spent developing content types in CMF.  Add
> the reference engine and you have 90% of what people are
> consistently asking for (besides having all content in RDBMS).

But it's still worth to discuss possibilities to reduce AT complexity
for CMF integration.

>> Integrating Archetypes (and CMFFormController and PortalTransforms)
>> drastically increases the complexity of the package.
>

> CMFFormController probably should not go in.  PortalTransforms
> is a problem.  Not sure what to do about it.

I hope we can do without CMFFormController.

If you ask me PortalTransforms is not a problem. I'd love to see it
integrated into CMF. It's mature enough to go with the CMF release
cycle, it's useful in plain old CMF and CPS uses it as well.

Even if AT doesn't make it into the next CMF release we should think
about integrating PortalTransforms, an UID tool and the references
machinery into CMF 1.5.

Just my 2 cents,
	Yuppie