[Zope-CMF] Help: GroupUserFolder, changing roles programatically

Rob Boyd boydrobh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 12:48:57 EST 2004

After swapping out a CMF site's default UserFolder
with a GroupUserFolder, I can't change user roles with
portal_registration.editMember. editMember() calls
portal_memberdata.setSecurityProfile, where the
roles-changing code is:

u = self.getUser()
    if password is not None:
        u.__ = password
        if roles is not None:
            u.roles = roles

with roles being passed into the method. Print
statements show that u.roles prior to change returns
accurate values, and u.roles after change returns
accurate values, but when I then go into acl_users and
look at the user's roles, they have not been updated
(whereas they updated fine when using stock
UserFolder).

Any clues?  Thanks,

Rob