[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Feb 26 13:21:09 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:10:36 -0500, Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> wrote:

> OK, that was the original intent of the 'nouvelle' bit.  One thing I am
> slightly worried about is adding the dependency on Epoz;  we might need
> to think about how we degrade gracefully in it absence.

-1 on adding Epoz to the core of CMF - it's the Content Management
*Framework*. ;)

Depending on which version of Epoz you are referring to (0.7.x - the
original Epoz or the 1.0.x version, rewritten by Paul and Guido, soon to
get a new name :), the 0.7 series is very hard to extend cleanly, which is
another reason for not including it with the framework. It does what it
does very well, but it's not something you build on and extend with the
current architecture.

Adding Epoz to CMFDefault I have no problem with, though.

Which brings me to my next question: Has there been any progress on the
previously discussed distribution change of separating CMFDefault from the
CMF Core, and not having any dependencies to it? Sorry if I'm covering old
ground here, but I couldn't find anything about it on the lists lately.

  Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com

  Plone Co-Founder   ·   http://plone.org   ·   Connecting Content

      高联合  ·  アレクサンダー リミ  ·  이미짱  ·  อเล็กซานเดอร์ ลีม