[Zope-CMF] Workflow and permissions

robert robert at redcor.ch
Thu Jan 15 18:50:38 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January 2004 23:55, David Chandek-Stark wrote:
> I have a CMF site (Zope 2.6.2/CMF 1.4.2) and recently found that a large
> number of documents appeared to have "reverted" to their initial
> workflow state ("private"). I'm using the default workflow (Simply
> Publish / Review policy) and I don't understand what happened. Also, it
> appears that anonymous site visitors can view the private content.
>
> Stumped,
> David

Unfortunately this is easy to explain. portal_workflow has a button labeled
"update security settings". This sets all objects in a CMF/Plonbe site that
are controlled by a workflow to the setting as its state defines. Therefore
all adjustements you did are reset.
What I did is, I have a file there I define what settings I would do by hand,
and run it against the site.
If you would like, I can send you the code.

Robert