[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] renamings

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Jul 13 15:03:56 EDT 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Looking again at CMFDefault, I had to recognize that it is
> extremely long that I used it (and I used it only for a very short time).
> The way, I thought CMFDefault would work is not how it does.
>
> Thus, lets step back a bit:
>
>   "CMFFormController" follows the paradigme: the HTML action target
>   of the form is the form itself -- always.
>
>   "CMFFormController" takes care of logic (by means of modular
>   validation scripts) and navigation (maybe supported by further
>   scripts).
>
> This behaviour is easily emulatated by the form submitting
> to itself and calling an action script at its top which in
> turn emulates what "CMFFormController" would do.
>
> That's the way I (and when I understood it right, Florent) favour.
>
> I thought, that this was already the way, CMFDefault works now.
> But that apparently was wrong. The renamings you proposed
> may not be a step away form "CMFFormController", just not
> a way towards it.

Don't know where you looked: On HEAD forms like document_edit_form or
folder_contents *are* submitted to themselves. If a button is selected,
the script calls a sequence of validators, controller and redirect.

<example>

if change and \
         context.validateTextFile(**form) and \
         context.validateHTML(**form) and \
         context.document_edit_control(**form) and \
         context.setRedirect(context, 'object/edit'):
     return

</example>

The renaming just changed in which order script and template are called.

Cheers, Yuppie