[Zope-CMF] SkinnableFolder vs PortalContentFolder

Norbert Marrale norbert at infocatch.com
Fri Jul 16 09:39:51 EDT 2004

Florent, you're absolutely correct. They're old versions, but I can't go
through an upgrade right now. Will look into it as soon as the check for my
current project clears.

It gets a bit frustrating when you demo a site to your client with the words
"I can't make it any easier than this" and proceed to move it to a live but
otherwise identical environment and something as ubiquitous as
portal_catalog stops working.

What's the difference between how PortalContentFolder and CMFArticle are
being indexed? Or, can I use SkinnedFolder from CMF 1.4 and have
CreationDate and such indexed properly? What else will it break?

Haven't been able to find anything on this in change notes, lists, etc...

Thanks in advance,

Norbert