[Zope-CMF] CMS for Zope 3 panel at EuroPython

Paul Everitt paul at zope-europe.org
Wed Jun 2 11:00:37 EDT 2004

Howdy all.  As hinted recently on various forums, we are planning a panel
at EuroPython focused on the recently-hot topic of CMS systems for Zope.
(We had planned another panel for integrators, but I think there are some
late breaking things that deserve the lightning talk slots.)

The panel is for implementors of CMS systems for Zope.  I have proposed
five: CPS, icoya, Plone, Silva, and Webfactory.  The lead architects for
these five projects will spend a few minutes discussing some bullet
points, then respond to audience questions and each others' comments.  Jim
will moderate the panel.

The desired outcome is to start taking steps towards the cross-pollination
that best serves our audiences.  Perhaps the result is only dialog.
Perhaps it is use cases.  Perhaps it is interfaces.  Perhaps even shared
implementations of machinery, somewhat like a new CMF for Zope 3, which
gives a clean slate to talk about these kinds of issues.

At a minimum, though, it is a chance for community dialog via the panel
format.

The panel is on the afternoon of Wed, June 9.

--Paul