[Zope-CMF] PROPOSAL: implement synContentValues in CMFTopic

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Mon Jun 7 08:47:57 EDT 2004

It would seem that making it easier to syndicate Topic query results would
add value to Topic objects and would also fit nicely with what Topics are
for.

Currently, syndication of content returned by a Topic query requires some
extra code or tweaking with Topic.py source.

As far as I know, this would be really easy to implement: all
that is needed is to add for example the following one-liner method to
Topic.py:

    def synContentValues(self):
        return [result for result in self.queryCatalog()]

It would be nice if this was supported in next version of CMF.

Thoughts? Should I approach someone at Zope Corp. directly about this?

 Petri