[Zope-CMF] Nuxeo CPS 3.0 final released
sf at nuxeo.com
Tue Mar 9 05:39:58 EST 2004
Nuxeo CPS 3.0 final released
The CPS team at Nuxeo is pleased to announce the final
release of CPS 3.0.
This release fixes a few remaining bugs that were found in
We wish to thank all the contributors (including the
translators) and beta testers for their feedback on the beta
Nuxeo CPS is an extensive collaborative Web content
management system (CMS) implemented on top of Zope and the
CMF, that enables organizations to easily, quickly and
efficiently implement collaborative intranet, extranet or
In addition to the standard Zope / CMF services, CPS
* Platform-independent authoring and publishing, including
a WYSIWYG editor mode
* Workspaces and publication sections:
+ User elaborate content in workspaces
+ Content is published in sections after reviewer
+ Each section has its own workflow process, possibly
with different reviewers
* Interface customization and personalization using boxes
* Through the Web document type creation:
+ Document definition using schemas, layouts and
+ Flexible documents
+ Widgets include WYSIWYG editor using Epoz, date
selection, internal links selection, etc.
+ Form validation
+ File indexing using external plugins
* Document versionning and archiving (check-in /
check-out) so you can work on published documents and
submit a new version without unpublishing them first
* Interface internationalization (currently supported
languages: english, french, italian (thanks to Paolo
Dina), dutch (thanks to Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
* Content internationalisation with independent workflows
for different document translations
* Powerful group-based user management, optionally based
on LDAP or a PKI
* Workflow improvements (local workflows, built in
* Third-party components integration, including the
popular CPSSkins project by JM Orliaguet
Who uses it ?
CPS 3 is being used by Nuxeo, its partners and other
entities in several high-profile projects. CPS3 has already
been adopted as a standard offering by market-leading IT
companies Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Unilog, Steria and
We will provide, after we get appropriate clearance from our
customers, more information about some of those projects in
the form of case studies.
Getting it and getting involved
Download it on
http://zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/CPS3. CPS 3.0 has
been tested with Zope 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.4 and 2.7.0. It is
known not to work with Zope 2.6.3.
Discuss it on the cps-devel (developers), cps-users
(english-speaking users) and cps-users-fr
(french-speaking users) mailing lists. Feel free to ask if
you believe other language-specific mailing list are needed.
Follow the ongoing development on CVS.
A tentative roadmap for CPS 3.1 will be presented and
discussed on the cps-devel mailing list.
Meanwhile, maintenance releases for CPS 3.0 will be made
available on a regular basis.
Here is a list of features we plan to provide either as
add-ons for CPS 3.0 or in CPS 3.1:
* New user interface
* Workflow improvements (stack-based workflow)
* Migration tool from CPS2 to CPS3 (CPSMigration)
* Refactored installer (CPSInstaller)
* MailBoxer integration (CPSMailBoxer)
* Workflow editor (CPSWorkflowEditor)
* Groupware tools (CPSCalendar and CPSWebmail)
* Subscription framework (CPSSubscription) for mailing
lists, events notification, newsletters...
* Real-time chat (CPSChat)
* Syndication support (CPSRSS)
* Better OpenOffice.org integration
* ERP5 integration
* Synchronization, replication and staging
* Refactorings, cleanups, optimisations
* Automatic installation on popular OS platforms
Tutorials and manuals should be available soon. You can
already browse the API from api.nuxeo.org and read the
documentation from the docs/ directories in the sources.
You can also get a nice developers tutorial in french from
Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
More information about the Zope-CMF