[Zope-CMF] Re: Not logging out of CMF 1.4.2 on Zope 2.7b3?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Mar 11 10:13:24 EST 2004

Jake wrote:
> I have noticed that on all my CMF 1.4.2 sites that when a user hits
> "logout" they get the "you might still be logged into the Zope ZMI.."
> message.
>
> When the user goes anywhere else, it shows they are actually logged out
> (and not logged into the Zope ZMI.
>
> Is this a known bug or something that might be in one of my installations?

If your login is based on HTTP basic auth, rather than the
CookieCrumbler, then the 'loggged_out' template does not actually log
you out;  this behaviour is due to the nature of basic auth, which
doesn't contemplate true logouts.  The 'manage_zmi_logout' link actually
just raises Unauthorized, which is not what you usually want.

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com