[Zope-CMF] Major action enhancement -- patch uploaded to collector

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Fri Mar 12 10:18:28 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> CMF friends,
>
> I uploaded a patch against CMF CVS HEAD as of 2004-03-06
> implementing the "immediate measures" described at the start
> of this thread.
>
>    http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF/232

This patch looks like a good thing to me (although I haven't actually
run it).  Actions need to be real Zope objects that you can manipulate
just like other Zope objects, and that seems to be the direction this
patch takes.

One minor nit, though.  Variable keyword arguments with an inline dict
literal, or "**{...}", is bad form.  The following are semantically
equivalent, but the second is much cleaner.

     foo.bar(a, b, **{'c': 1, 'd': 2})
     foo.bar(a, b, c=1, d=2)

I sometimes make this mistake myself.

Shane