[Zope-CMF] Re: Allowed content types (CMF 1.5 - Roadmap)

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Mar 23 02:39:01 EST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:50:15 +0100, Christian Heimes
<heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Andrew Veitch wrote:
>> Yes, I certainly saw this as an Archetypes issue rather than a CMF
>> issue.
>> It's a little bit tricky to get Archetypes to give you a separate add
>> permission for each content type, making that easy is probably the way
>> go.
>
> Yes it's a little bit tricky but after about 2-3h frustrating
> code-digging and testing different ideas I got the solution:
>
> * The ftis and the product name must be the same for every type so I
> used the fti from process_types().
>
> * The constructor and the class must differ for each security setting.
>
> See
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/collective/ATContentTypes/__init__.py?rev=1.1.1.1&view=auto
> for an example.

I'm not technically up-to-date on what you are discussing, but would this
also allow you to make certain content types available only to certain
roles?

  Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com