[Zope-CMF] CMFWeblog and RPCAuth

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at openapp.biz
Fri Mar 26 09:16:43 EST 2004

Hi,

   Assuming I have the right list.

   I having a small problem with authentication and xml-rpc with the
CMFWeblog product or else I am not using it correctly.

   It seems that practically all the methods in the CMFWeblog product
require the parameters of 'username' and 'password', although none of
this parameters are actually used in these methods.

   The problem with this is that the RPCAuth product which performs the
authentication of the XML-RPC request removes the username and password
from the argument list passed to the method in question in the
CMFWeblog product causing a BadRequest exception being raised.

   I have got around this for now by removing line number 109 in
RPCAuth.py which removes the 'username' and 'password' from the
argument list.

   I am presuming that the 'username' and 'password' arguments in the
CMFWeblog methods shouldn't be there or at least be defaulting to None
(although) this causes a problem has they are positional arguements and
some have a more arguments after them. If so I can post a patch  to
remove all the references to username and password to the collective at
sf.net. Or should CMFWeblog be using the username and password to log
in which the arguement list implies.

   Michael Kerrin