[Zope-CMF] def _checkId doesn't make sence to me

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Wed Mar 31 04:22:15 EST 2004

I understand that it's necessary to stop people
from overriding stuff like portal_services.
But the implementation is to ridged in my opinion.

PortalFolder:_checkId(self, id, allow_dup=0)
effectivly disallows any object with the same name
as a root object (excluding index_html) to be created.

This makes in impossible to have any object in the root
that might have the same name some where bellow the root.
(This roll also counts if the root object is created first.)

PortalFolder:_checkId should be change to also check if
the object in the root that could block the other object
is a "protected" object. I'm not sure which object should be
protected or if there is a easy way to find that out?

For now I can get around this limitation by overriding checkId
but I would like to see a better implementation.

Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM     Skype: colliberty