[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-users] CMF "standards-based" Export format?

Chalu Kim chalu at egenius.com
Mon May 3 12:16:31 EDT 2004

Dylan Jay wrote:

>Yet another client requirement is complete export of content in a standard
>format to another other CMS. Is there any such thing? I know there is
>somesort of workflow format and I don't think CMF supports that but what can
>be exported in a standard way? Is there a standard way to export all content
>and metadata togeather? I;ve seen references in Vignette and Documentum to
>"standards based" Taxonomy export which as far as I can work out means a XML
>file of the metadata schema. I haven't found a standard for that. Am I
>missing something in all this?

It would be simple enough to write a template to write out XML formats.
Start from default view.

There are a host of things you want to resolve. Perhaps start off by
providing the list with standards?

--
Chalu Kim                 “Digital cooperative”
eGenius Inc, 20 Jay Street, 1002, Brooklyn, New York 11201