[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF "standards-based" Export format?

Jens W. Klein jensens at gmx.de
Tue May 4 13:45:48 EDT 2004

Dylan Jay wrote:
> Yet another client requirement is complete export of content in a standard
> format to another other CMS. Is there any such thing? I know there is
> somesort of workflow format and I don't think CMF supports that but what can
> be exported in a standard way? Is there a standard way to export all content
> and metadata togeather? I;ve seen references in Vignette and Documentum to
> "standards based" Taxonomy export which as far as I can work out means a XML
> file of the metadata schema. I haven't found a standard for that. Am I
> missing something in all this?

There is GoZip+EduploneTypes = "IMS Content Package Export" (if this is
standard enough). Unfortunally your types needing atm a mixin-class to
support it. In future this will be handled by an independend tool.
EduploneTypes are in fact ATContentTypes with this export-mixin, 3 added
fields and a diffrent skin.

They reside in http://sf.net/projects/eduplone -> CVS

Its easy to make the default ATContentTypes or your own types
IMS-export-aware. Also its easy to write own XML-exports.

does that help?

Jensens
--
jens quadrat . AGENTUR FUER NEUE MEDIEN GbR              eduplone EEIG
http://www.jensquadrat.de                          http://eduplone.net