[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] package dependencies

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed May 5 09:29:54 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Python is *too* expressive for this use case, as for *most*
> "config-file" use cases.  You want limited, *declarative* in such a
> file, not a Turing-complete, Swiss-Army-bazooka imperative language.

Well, yes, if you want to do a config file thingy with lots of stuff in it.

If all you want to do is to somehow declare a lits of strings, for
example, as in this case, then Python is fine, since you don't have to
load the super-mega XML parsing toolkit. :)

> DEPENDENCIES.txt was originally following a proposal to make packages
> introspectable on Zope.org.  As Sidnei's post points out, the 'zpkg'
> framework has a newer spelling;  we should consider using it instead.

Could somebody point me to this zpkg stuff?