[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 1.5 - current state

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu May 6 12:59:42 EDT 2004

Hi!

More than 2 months ago Tres wrote a nice summary of the roadmap discussion:
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-March/020363.html>

I'll try to summarize the current state of the suggestions mentioned in
that mail. Would be nice to get some feedback:

- What are the issues that block the 1.5 beta release?

- Who is working on these issues and how much time do they need?

I'm becoming impatient ...

Cheers,
	Yuppie

> ------------------------
> Move Archetypes into CMF
> ------------------------
> [...]
> - Archetypes also depends on Plone's PortalTransforms_ tool;  consensus
>    seemed much broader for moving it into CMF (for instance, CPS uses it as
>    well).  Likewise the UID generator tool and the references machinery.  I
>    need to look at all of these more closely: for one thing, we likely have
>    parallel implementations in client software, and I would prefer to be
>    consolidating.

AFAICT this was the least common denominator and a necessary first step
for further changes. More will not go into the 1.5 release.

Some backported code from Archetypes was checked in on the
at_reference_backport branch. Don't know what the current state of that
branch is.

> Migrate the ``portal_setup`` tool out to CMF

Hope Tres will find some time to land this soon ;)

> -------------------
> Land CMFActionIcons
> -------------------

Almost done. For better integration with CMF Default an updated
standard_mappings.py and some new icons would be useful.

> -------------------------------
> Add Epoz-friendly editing skins

Seems nobody is working on this.

> Make "classic" DCWorkflow the default workflow

Done.

> Add OrderSupport to PortalFolder

Almost done. The API is added and CMFDefault's 'folder_contents' allows
to sort and order the sub-objects. index_html still does not respect the
defined order.