[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: [Plone-users] Date based snapshots

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri May 7 04:56:01 EDT 2004

On Friday 07 May 2004 09:42, Chris Withers wrote:

> > There is a low level filesystem
> > abstraction that will need to be implemented using NTFS semantics.
>
> Or FAT?

I suspect that would be harder if you wanted strong guarantees about data
loss. (alternatively, everything is much easier if you dont.)

> Hmmm... now i guess the question you may not want to asnwer...
> where do I find out what those are?

Im sure the answer is in msdn somewhere.

> > 2. Some of the peripheral tools might make some light unix assumptions,
> > but Im sure they are all fixable except.....
>
> OK.
>
> > 3. The replication tool is unix-heavy. it uses fork and exec.
>
> Surely those have Windows counterparts?

Replication isnt a large body of code. If was porting this to win32 I would
probably restructure it. Its doable, but more in-depth than all the other
tasks put together.

--
Toby Dickenson