[Zope-CMF] Re: Is unmodified CMF useless? Some Plone questions.

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue May 11 06:23:50 EDT 2004

Hi!

Max M wrote:
> There is a CMF list. But not much going on. Forget CMF, and just
> concentrate on Plone if that's your bag.

Nice fellow! I'll come over to the Plone list and tell people they
should forget Plone ;)

The right tool depends on your needs.

- If you are looking for a complete Open Source Web Content Management
System, there are others than Plone that built on top of Zope: Silva,
CPS, ZMS, ...

- If you want to build your own application, you can build it on top of
the CMF (as Plone and CPS do) or on top of plain Zope (as Silva and ZMS do).

- If you are looking for free software (not just free to download, but
also free to modify *and* redistribute), your options cut down to Silva
or something you build yourself on CMF or plain Zope.

Cheers,
	Yuppie