[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] .objects support in DirectoryView.py

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon May 17 06:08:52 EDT 2004

Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 16:53, yuppie wrote:
>>DirectoryInformation reads '.objects' files if they exist. Seems these
>>are files created by the FSDump product.
>>
>>Is this cruft that can be removed or works FSDump still with Zope 2.7 /
>>are there other use cases for '.objects' files?
>
> i would keep it, some folks find it useful,
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-April/020532.html

Thanks for pointing to that thread! But given that the proposal was to
change the usage of '.objects' in a non backwards compatible way:

Wouldn't it be better to implement the requested feature for '.metadata'
files? I think using '.objects' *and* '.metadata' for file properties is
confusing.

Cheers, Yuppie