[Zope-CMF] News and events not always visible in topics

Peter Shute (NUW) pshute at nuw.org.au
Thu May 20 01:13:06 EDT 2004

> > I now see that I have access to the subject field via metadata_edit_form
by
> > clicking the news properties tab.  That solves the problem for news
items.

> > However events don't have this properties tab, but I can manually add
> > /metadata_edit_form to the end of the item's URL and get to it that way.
> > Does anyone know how I can add this tab to events?
>
> In 'portal_types', select the Event type object, access its "Actions"
> tab, and add a "Metadata" action.

Thanks, I copies the Properties action from the News Item type, and I now
have that tab available.  I stumbled onto that area myself while looking
around looking for the answer, but didn't recognise it when I saw it.

Is there some documentation about this sort of thing, or does everyone just
trawl through the how-tos (often out of date), the Plone Book (also out of
date in parts), Plone itself and this mailing list?  Or have I just started
with Plone at a bad time, when a new version has made a lot of the
documentation inapplicable?