[Zope-CMF] FSImage not recognising .bmp format

David Convent david.convent at naturalsciences.be
Thu May 27 03:36:36 EDT 2004

Hello cmf developpers,

I am currently adapting one of the products i used to use with zope only
to make it integrated to the CMF (to Plone precisely)

This product uses the PIL module to generate maps on the fly.
Maps are made with caches that are .bmp images objects.

While adapting the product to the CMF, i need those images to be stored
in a FS Directory View in the protal skins.
Doing so i realised that .bmp images are not storable as FSImages,
unless i add a line to CMFCore/FSImage.py to register this format:

registerFileExtension('bmp', FSImage)

it works then very well.

My problem is that my company's system administrator does not like me
patching the official products from Zope Corp.

Would it be possible to add this format to FSImage in the next release
of the CMF ?

Many thx in advance

--
David Convent