[Zope-CMF] Re: FSDocument type

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Nov 1 04:40:14 EST 2004

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I want to convert an existing site that uses pretty much static content
> (in this case good old DTMLDocuments) to CMF. I want that content to end
> up on the file system in skins to improve maintainability. The most
> logical content type to use is the CMF Document. Now, there is no
> filesystem equivalent so I'm currently stitching one together.
>
> Question: I'd prefer this to go into CMFDefaul rather than stay a
> separate thing. Any concerns or comments (or yay/nays)?

Of course it sometimes makes sense to 'misuse' some CMF components. But
in general I like the current separation of content (site root) and
presentation (skins).

-1 for adding file system content to skins

Maybe together with a 'portal-type'ish' subclass of DirectoryView your
proposal would become more 'CMF'ish'?

Cheers,
	Yuppie