[Zope-CMF] Re: FSDocument type

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Nov 1 11:43:23 EST 2004

>> I'm not clear what's meant with "content-space DirectoryView". My
>> current code is a new CMF type, FSDocument, that plays within the
>> standard CMF types rules (type information etc) but it's stored on
>> the file system, always "published", and you cannot edit it or its
>> metadata TTW.
>
> I think that the directory view bit is a logical extension of your
> idea:  instead of having to create individual FSDocument instances,
> create an FSDirectoryView which points to the content directory, and
> have *it* instantiate the FSDocument objects for you.

So "content space" would mean these DirectoryViews would be installed
*outside* of the skins tool in content space. Otherwise they wouldn't
have any distinction from standard SkinsTool-based DirectoryViews. If
that's the case I understand what's meant. "Content"-filesystem types
would only register with the content-FSDV instead of the normal
DirectoryView. That makes sense.

Yuppie, is that what you meant?

jens