[Zope-CMF] Re: collector 198 and missing skins

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Nov 23 13:29:51 EST 2004

In article <41A37003.2060203 at zope.com> you write:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > This bug about _v_skindata reverting to None bit us again and again.
> > http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF/198
> > I'll have to fix it. Anyone has suggestion on how to best store this?
> > Module scope var (will that work) ? Thread-local var (how) ?
>
> Why not stash it on the REQUEST object?

Hm right, that's quite the simplest way. I hadn't re-looked at the code
when I wrote my first mail, and I thought it was cached in _v_skindata
for a duration longer than a request, but that's not the case as REQUEST
is part of the key that's checked.

All that will break SpeedPack by the way. I'm CCing Tiran to discuss it.
And maybe see it the skin part of SpeedPack cannot be put directly into
CMF (I haven't looked very deep into what SpeedPack does).

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com