[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Nov 23 14:58:34 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>
>>> Hmm, a TALES expression seens the most flexible here, right?
>>

>> Well. My examples *are* TALES expressions. The problem of using TALES
>> expressions is that registering new types isn't easy.
>

> Can you explain how and why? My grokkage is low at this point :-(

Hope we are both talking about a TALES expressions that is part of the
Action object.

One example was this expression:

     python:object.getPortalTypeName() in ('File', 'Image')

If you add a new type that should also use this Action, you have to
modify the expression. Its quite hard to do that in an automated way.

Hope that makes my point clearer.

Cheers, Yuppie