[Zope-CMF] Re: collector 198 and missing skins

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Nov 23 16:03:03 EST 2004

Tres Seaver wrote at 2004-11-23 12:14 -0500:
>Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> This bug about _v_skindata reverting to None bit us again and again.
>> http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF/198
>> I'll have to fix it. Anyone has suggestion on how to best store this?
>> Module scope var (will that work) ? Thread-local var (how) ?
>
>Why not stash it on the REQUEST object?

We use the SkinsTool in ZEO clients directly implemented by
Python scripts. They do not have a "REQUEST".

Of course, a minor modification was necessary to give
the SkinsTool a hint which skin to use despite the lack
of REQUEST.

We have discussed a "_p_sticky" extension for the ZODB on "zodb-dev"
and I posted an implementation to "zodb-dev".
It allows to protect "_v_" variables across subtransaction
boundaries. We use it for about 9 months without problems.
That would be an alternative.

--
Dieter