[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 24 13:35:36 EST 2004

yuppie wrote at 2004-11-24 12:25 +0100:
>> A mix-in class is what is needed as the using classes
>> will have other primary tasks.
>
>That's exactly what I don't like: Classes that have other primary tasks
>but act as just another Action provider. See below.

We have very different opinions...

>If they are just another Action provider, the only benefit is that we
>can store the Actions inside of related tools. The price for that is high:
>
>- additional action providers add complexity to the site

The complexity consists of a registration with the
"listFilteredActions" machinery and merging of lists.

>- in many cases it is not obvious where to store or find an Action

There is room for preferences: I would store them locally,
some of my colleagues would prefer a central place.

>- defining the order of Actions is harder

The "priority" property is already there. It is not very
hard to order this way.

--
Dieter