[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup Status

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Nov 25 10:55:36 EST 2004

Hi Chris!

Chris Withers wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>
>>> AFAIK, all work has been backported to 1.5.
>>

>> This workaround exists only on the HEAD. It is part of a change that
>> makes CMFDefault depend on CMFSetup. In CMF 1.5 CMFSetup is an
>> optional add-on.
>

> Oh, that's frustrating :-S
>
> Tres described this stuff as a "workaround". If so, what's the correct
> way to go about fixing it, and can that be done on the 1.5 branch?

We are talking about this file:

http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/setuphandlers.py?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

It hardcodes policy. The correct way would be to implement these various
setup steps as import handlers that read the policy from XML files. And
there should also be export handlers that allow to write customized
policies to XML files.

Most of these import steps are also mentioned in the todo list:

http://cvs.zope.org/*checkout*/CMF/CMFSetup/README.txt?rev=1.9&only_with_tag=CMF-1_5-branch

As soon as full handlers are implemented for these steps they should be
removed from 'importVarious'. We can do that step by step.

The reason why I added this only to HEAD is that it is no bug fix. But
on the other hand it would not break anything on the 1.5 branch.

Cheers,
	Yuppie