[Zope-CMF] sluggish images in CMF?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Nov 28 18:14:06 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote at 2004-11-27 14:30 +0000:
>A CMF 1.5 site I'm working on seems to be suffering from sluggish images
>(and maybe overall sluggish performanc :-S)

Maybe the still not fixed problem on Windows with
"debug-mode on"?

You know we had a lengthy discussion about a year ago.
This problem should have been fixed ages ago!

>I've done some ethereal sniffing and it looks like the images are being
>cached by the browser but, but the looks of it, the "not modified"
>response from Zope is what's taking a long time to generate.

If the image is small, sending the "not modified" response
takes as much time than delivering the image itself.
It should be in the order of a few ms.

>Any ideas?

What about using a profiler?

I can recomment "ZopeProfiler":