[Zope-CMF] Fwd: [CMF] 281/ 1 Request "FSFile content_type weakness"

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Sep 5 15:38:55 EDT 2004

> The implementation of this may be a bit tricky because
> the object does not know whether a value was provided by
> a metadata file or a previous guess.

I don't think it's that tricky. There's only a few places where
content_type is/can be set:

- the default declaration at class level (-> 'unknown/unknown')
- during __init__ where self.__dict__ is upated from the .metadata
properties
- during FSFile._readFile where the flawed computation happens.

I believe correcting the computation in FSFile._readFile to consider
the .metadata file first should do the trick.

jens