[Zope-CMF] Re: WebDAV lists

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Sep 8 07:56:14 EDT 2004

Andy McKay wrote:
> When web dav asks the CMF for a list of objects in a CMF site it goes to
> webdav/Collection.py which calls objectValues, so that includes tools
> and the whole lot.
>
> We believe it should really be calling SkinnedFolder.py
> listFolderContents which a) uses contentValues not objectValues and then
> b) checks to see if a user actually has the right to access an object
> before putting it in the list.

'contentValues' only works for the "content manager" role, not for the
"site developer" / "site manager", etc.

> Anyone mind if I add this to the list of changes?
>
> The only real problem is I'd like to add to this to the CMFSite object
> as well, but doing that means you can't WebDAV into portal_skins and
> other such places. Which I can see people minding...

Yep.  In fact the only thing I routinely use WebDAV for is bulk-loading
stuff into skins folders.  What about checking to see if the request is
coming from the "WebDAV source port", and leaving the current behavior
as is in that case?

BTW, what clients do you have in mind, here?

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com