[Zope-CMF] CPSSchemas / CPSDocument for 'stock' CMF

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Thu Sep 9 10:39:38 EDT 2004

Hello,

Good news : CPSSchemas and CPSDocument are ready to be used within
'stock' CMF instances !

You may grab a nightly build package including CPSSchemas, CPSDocument
and dependencies. It's a quick start tarball to unpack within a Zope
instance having CMF (1.4.7) up and running. Notice if you are using this
package you don't need anything else to play :) Just wanted to make the
thing event simpler for you to try it out :)

There's documentation within the tarball for the installation. It's
fairly easy since you just need to launch an external method for
CPSDocument or just use CMFQuickInstaller if you got it.

As well, you may find within CPSSchemas and CPSDocument doc sub-folder a
file called cmf-compatibility.txt

Download the quick start tarball in here :

-
http://zope.org/Members/anguenot/CPS4CMF-nightly-build_09092004.tgz/file_view

You may grab the CVS  :

  - http://cvs.nuxeo.org/CPS3

The individual packages are published on zope.org :

  - http://zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/CPSSchemas/CPSSchemas-0.30.0-1

  - http://zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/CPSDocument/CPSDocument-0.26.0-1

More information about CPSDocument :

  - http://zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/CPSDocument/view

More information about CPSSchemas :

  - http://zope.org/Members/nuxeo/Products/CPSSchemas/view

Florent's mail about CPSSchemas / AT differences he posted couple of
months ago on cps-devel :

-http://cvs.nuxeo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/CPS3/CPSDocument/doc/cpsschemas-vs-archetypes.txt?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
  -

I just would like to point couple of things related to CPSSchemas.

   All CPS3 core components are relaying on CPSSchemas (i.e :
CPSDirectories / CPSPortlets )  It means, it is going to be really easy
to get these packages working on 'stock' CMF too.

   I will be talking about that at Plone conference in Vienna. (see :
'Using CPS components from CMF / Plone" at
http://plone.org/events/conferences/2/program)

   I will be really please to get feedbacks about people interested
about using CPSSchemas / CPSDocument on CMF or those who are interested
about CPS3 features that we could adapt for CMF / Plone (Event Service /
Workflows / Repository / Proxies...)

At the end of the week, I'll release the same thing but Plone compliant.
(2.X) I just need to fix the Localizer / TranslationService / PLT
problems...

For bug reports use the cps-devel mailing list  :

Hope you'll enjoy.

Regards,

	J.
--