[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] Why is contentItems public?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Sep 13 07:58:41 EDT 2004

> We should *not* be attempting to fix poorly-designed applications by
> modifying security declarations.  Any application which is using
> 'content*' (or 'object*') to display folder contents should be
> disabled for large enough folders (a catalog query using a path
> expression and a sort limit will typically do the job better, anyway).

That's a good point. But just considering the fact that "object*" and
"content*" now behave differently because one set *has* docstrings
there is already some value in removing this difference. And that's a
tiny and sensible problem scope ;)

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			Zope - done medium rare
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/