[Zope-CMF] [dev] _checkId behavior: bug or feature?

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Sep 23 05:00:08 EDT 2004

Hi!

In a subfolder, currently only managers can add items with names that
are already used in the portal root.

This makes sure that normal members can't overwrite skin methods or
tools. This is obviously a feature.

But you also need the 'Manage portal' permission to overwrite content
items. E.g., if portal root has a 'foo.html', you can't add a 'foo.html'
to any other folder of the site, unless you are manager. I think this is
a bug.

If there are no objections, I'll change/fix this in CMF-1_5-branch and
HEAD, allowing to overwrite names that are part of root's contentIds().

Cheers,
	Yuppie