[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 release candidate imminent

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Sat Sep 25 09:29:28 EDT 2004

yuppie wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> I would like to make the RC this weekend, unless somebody has an
>> ongoing bugfix which is both *imminent* and *important* enough to
>> "stop the presses".  If I don't hear from anybody, I will tag the
>> release sometime tomorrow morning (EST).
>

> Well. While I'm glad you want to move on, this comes a bit as a surprise.
>
> There are two checkins I'm still not happy with:
>

> 1.) The TypeInformation properties change:
> <http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/TypesTool.py.diff?r1=1.74.2.1&r2=1.74.2.2>
>
> The last response from Florent regarding my critical remarks was:
> "I'll have to think about all that..."
> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-September/021218.html>
>
> This change was never finished and I propose to back it out if the open
> issues are not resolved.

OK, then we need to open he discussion back up again.

> 2.) The permalink checkin:
> <http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/skins/zpt_generic/main_template.pt.diff?r1=1.13&r2=1.15>
>

> The last thing we discussed was moving the permalink stuff to a new
> experimental skin.
> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-August/021140.html>

I spoke with Gregoire about that at the Plone conference (I had hoped
you might make it, too), and he was willing to move that bit out.

  I proposed to him that he could have the main_template conditionally
include the permalink, so that if the template was not in the current
skin (which it would not be by default), it would "close up" (something
like the current calendar bit).  E.g., in the main_template:

> Besides that there are still some open issues with CMFSetup. I think
> there should be at least a warning in the release notes that CMFSetup is
> still experimental in some respects.

OK.

> If time is the problem, I can make the necessary changes tomorrow morning.

Don't worry about that.  I will put off doing the release until then
(maybe I will make a new beta instead).

Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com